Friday, February 19, 2010

ReStore

During Christmas vacation I was visiting family in California. One night I spotted a book about redecorating your bedroom that my 13 year old sister had purchased at the 99 cents store. Although I had little hope of finding anything useful, I decided to flip through it. To my surprise I found an article on bargain hunting for home diy projects and it mentioned the Habitat For Humanity ReStore. Perhaps you already know about this wonderful place, but it was news to me. Immediately I hopped on the computer and searched for the website. AMAZING! There was one right by my house in Orem, and by the description on the site, I couldn't wait to check it out.

"Habitat ReStores are outlets that accept donated goods for resale. While every ReStore is a little different, most focus on home improvement goods—furniture, home accessories, building materials and appliances. These donated goods are sold to the general public at a fraction of the retail price to help local affiliates fund the construction of Habitat homes within their communities."

I just visited a couple weeks ago and was not disappointed. There is a whole room full of doors; they have moulding, address numbers and even books. My favorite part was that there was TONS of paint for way cheap. I got a quart of sage green oil based paint for $2. I also saw a group of giant modern hanging lights for $35 each and large unframed oval mirrors for $10.

If you have not checked this place out you must! It is so much fun! Visit the website to find out if there is one in your area.

1 comment:

ursula little said...

Just checked out Restore in Temecula. Love it!!!! Bought two brand new, in package, levolor mini blinds for 25 bucks. Sweet.

Thanks for the tip.